Thursday, July 16, 2009

This is why I shouldn't wait very long between posts!

So many things to share! I'm all backed up! For good reason though, I've had lots of things to do this week so I'll give you a few highlights :)
First off while we were watching Dance Your Ass Off a cockroach showed up on the far wall. I hate roaches of any kind, especially the kind that are inside my apartment. Because they skitter around so fast it's almost impossible for me to catch them, except that amazing time that I jammed one in the sink drain. I left that one for Jaime to help clean up ;)
So we're watching this horrible TV show and the roach shows up crawling horizontal across the wall! Oh no!! So I tell Jaime, please kill it, find a way. It's like I watch it all over again in slow motion. He reached for one of my flip flops that were near by and while he was standing up threw it all the way across the room and JACK POT! One hit and he got him. I was literally speechless. I've never seen that kind of hand eye coordination before. He obviously didn't get it from the hours of video games he plays each day, maybe it's just natural talent. HR, his dad, says he throws a good punch. Well, I say he also throws a good flip flop.
Naturally I made him reenact this feat of greatness and I got a great picture to show you of what I would like to visualize what he looked like from the front.. the roaches view if you will.And here for your viewing pleasure is the corner on the other side of the room that he threw my flip flop at. Now that I look at that picture of him.. he's looking hot. (We've been lifting!)
This picture not only shows the corner where the roach came from, our lovely leather furniture, but also my oldest puppy Churchill (he's keeping an eye out for another roach) Plus our defective box of Cheerios. Here's the culprit, he dared show his face again, or it was a cousin or something, but before my husband threw another flip flop I clicked my camera.

On to other things. Lately I've taken up gardening and found I must have quite the green thumb. Who knew!? I now have seven pots full of very green things. I've got some ivy, one isn't looking good but the other is flourishing. I also planted transplants of philodendron in two hanging planters and they are really coming to life, even making new baby philodendron for my viewing pleasure! I planted lavender because I love the way it smells and Jaime's mother gave me some tomato plants. Those are still babies so I can't really report on their progress yet. HOWEVER! My greatest feat yet has been to plant some potatoes that we had that sprouted rather green eyes. I figured I'll put them in water and see if something happens. Well something did happen. Then they got their own pot! And this picture below ladies and gentlemen will show you what happens when you plant potatoes.Note the pj's that I was sporting = sexy. Those dear readers are baby potatoes. And there are about three more that I can see sticking out of the dirt. So I'm guessing that there are more out there that I don't know about yet! Those potatoes were getting busy. Well I just tucked those babies back down into the ground until I can get a bigger pot and maybe just maybe I'll be my own self sustaining potato farm. Awesome.

Ok last update for now. Aldous Huxley got his first hair cut and is now initiated into full grown puppy-dom. We're very excited and he really does look precious. The groomer was super impressed too, saying that he was the calmest dog she's groomed and please bring him back all the time and while I'm at it here's my card. I was proud, Huxley you did me proud. So I'll leave you with two thoughts.
One, Jaime and my two year anniversary is this Tuesday and we are celebrating on Saturday. I can't say what I'm getting him because he reads this blog but I think he got me something to do with our bed, pillows? Mattress?! Probably not. Sheets?! A new comforter?! Who knows, all I know is that it has to be made of cotton and I'm not giving any clues as to what I'm getting him but it kicks ass.
Two. I thought you would like to see little Huxley, so here he is in all his hair cut splendor. He's learning to sit right now but wouldn't sit for the camera. We'll work on that part.

1 comment:

  1. Huxley looks precious! And congratualtions on your baby potatoes. You must be such a proud potato momma!!!

    ReplyDelete