Monday, July 6, 2009




The fourth of July wasn't as climactic as I would have hoped but we did get some good firework time in on Friday night. We spent the weekend with Jaime's mother in Nauvoo, Alabama (wow Nauvoo) is there anything else I need to say? I got some pictures of Jaime grilling out, cutting up watermelon, and Huxley trying to eat the watermelon. I also think there is a good shot of Dixie, Jaime's mother's dog, who I figure is possessed. Such unnatural sounds come from that little dog that she can't be normal.On another note we threw away four trash bags of my old stuff that was cluttering up the closet. I guess it was finally time to let go of some stuff. The longer we are married the less stuff from my past I end up holding onto which I guess is how it should be. I mean, you can't take it with you and really it's not that important anymore. Like my Easter dress from 1993? We don't really need that now, even though my mom did make it. And all my journals from when I was an angsty teenager? Well.. we kept those although I don't know what the heck we're going to do with them.


I think trading in those old things I don't keep up with now for more space to walk around in the closet is fair. And although we had a good timeish in Nauvoo I still missed my family gatherings in Wisconsin and to be completely honest I am sad that we didn't get together with more people. But I did get to drink horribly large amounts of Coke!Things that only happen in Nauvoo
1. You get to fish for catfish in any of four different catfish ponds (large enough to need a rowboat) in the safety of your back yard!!
2. The only restaurant in town is called 'The Slick Lizard'. Too bad it's closed on the 4th of July.
3. Your grandfather is constantly trying to sucker people down at the Dollar General into selling him their land including their trailer that is on said land.
4. The above grandfather keeps an average of 15 old luxury cars around just so one will always be running. We think he's finally found Honda and realized what 1970's Mercedes just can't offer him.
5. You can pick a whole bucket of Blackberries by walking down your driveway.
6. Rumor has it that kids burned down the highschool since they were tired of going. Now to be completely honest that was in Carbon Hill Alabama.. Nauvoo doesn't have a school system.. who needs a school system anyway.
7. Across your catfish ponds lives a real live bootlegger. Rumor has it that he has a sign on his driveway that says anyone caught tresspassing will be shot on the spot.. I'd believe it.
8. It's a dry county.
9. I got a really good shot of a larger lady's side boob in the checkout line of Bill and Son's grocery. I'm not sure if it was that she wasn't wearing a bra, or that the top was just too dad gum small.
10. That lady bought over $100 of ground beef, wrapped in plastic and dumped in cardboard bags. I wonder if she was expecting company.

1 comment:

  1. Dig your blog Carrie, you are hilarious!!! I'm officially stalking you now.

    ReplyDelete