Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Rappas

I promised that I would update with a picture of the last Rappas meeting I went to. I was super proud of myself at this meeting because it was the first time I played and was pleased with my performance. It's been a long time since I've performed for people and walked away happy about it. Russell Williams also said he thought my piece was one of the best. Thanks Russell, I know you're just saying that but I'm so gullible I just might believe you. So here is a picture of all the people that performed. I wore my Dorothy-Red shoes and I was equally impressed with Walter, to my left in the photo who wore a really unique and nerdy outfit. I asked him to turn my pages for me but he said he didn't have his contacts in so he could hardly see at all and that he was terribly sorry. He's one of my favorites since he thinks its ok to walk around blind and in T-shirts with nerdy phrases on them while everyone else talks about their grand pianos. He's there for the fun of it, not to impress anyone. I should learn a lesson from him. Point is, whenever I go to the Rappas meetings I try to find a seat near him. Time before last he let me hold his music while he played so I could follow along, I liked that. Thanks Walter for being so genuine.
The woman on the left has been playing through Bach's Italian Concerto and I always admire how hard she tries. I don't think she is a very gifted performer but she played the third movement through without using the music which in my opinion is very difficult. She's been working on it for so long, I was pleased to hear the third movment, even if it was a bit boring. The man to her right almost always plays Bach and this time he played the Partita in G and boy did I love it. I thought it wasn't as exciting as it could have been but who doesn't like that opening movement? Nobody! The man in the middle, Mr. Nicholas, hosted the evening and played a rag, about a ghost I think, by a contemporary composer I had never heard of before, Bolcom. Mr. Nicholas also made the Sangria.. thank you. The Bolcom was one of my favorites.

Enough piano talk, we need to get on to other things! I think I'm going to make several entries today to catch up from Anniversary and Vacation!

No comments:

Post a Comment