Sunday, July 12, 2009

Piano cults and video games

This past Friday I went to a meeting with some fellow pianists. We're in a group called Rappas, but I'm not sure what that name means. My husband calls it the piano cult. I call it the elites. Because all we've played on so far have been Steinways and nothing against Steinway, I'm sure that they are a good piano company and I know they've been around since forever and they are super expensive and stuff but I just don't like them that much. So sue me. Whenever we get to the host's house or destination (Steinway store) the members are ooohhh ing and ahhhhh ing 'What kind do you have?' to which the host answers 'This is a Steinway L'. Well damn! A Steinway L? I mean.. my Yamaha U1 is pretty impressive and you know what I like the best about it? The keys actually press in all the way and it's what I would like to call 'responsive'. Ok so I have beef with Steinway. I get to host in September and you know where we're going to have it? Where I work. And where I work doesn't have any new Steinways. I'm going to show the Elite Rappas Piano Cult what it feels like to play on a Schimmel and you know what? They will probably all be like.. ehh this isn't that great. One man's trash is another man's treasure. Just don't think you'll impress me if you say you own a Steinway. I'll be like... so you spent 50 grand on some neato living room furniture? Cool.
On the other hand I got my nerve up to play for this wonderful group of people. I played the Allemande and Courante of Bach's French Suite No. 6 in E Major. It was pretty good and I think the people were alright impressed. Plus I got to drink two glasses of home made Sangria!

Jaime on the other hand got to go spend the evening with our college friends. They ate out at Ichiban and Jaime, being the wonderful amazing husband that he is, ordered me fried rice and brought it home to me. I ate that at work on Saturday. Yum!
After the Elitist Piano cult meeting I drove over to our friends house where everyone was congregated after the dinner and listened to them all tell those wonderful stories that you love to hear about the good old days. My husband and a friend named Keith and another friend, Austin, tell such funny stories. I sat in my husbands lap on a recliner and laughed and laughed. Honored the whole time to not only be with the most handsome man in the room but the funniest. He's like a god among our college friends, the man, the myth, the legend. I wanted to run home and make sweet hot love to him but we promptly fell asleep :) The happy kind of asleep where you wake up in the morning all wound up in each other's arms and legs all smiley faced and stuff. It was gooey and it was good.

Huxley is a peeing machine. He recently peed all over our leather ottoman. I cleaned it up don't you worry! But wow, it was like a liter of pee. I didn't know puppies had that much pee in them. Recently he's had like 12 different accidents including having to change the sheets twice. It's so weird. He's never peed on the bed before. I'm starting to think he has a problem.

I've been playing Oblivion again, after almost a year's break and I'm really happy about playing it . I'm always so focused on getting something done like housework that I never think I have time to play xBox but lately I've set aside the time. I missed it. But when those Orgs came running out at me in the hidden passageways I freaked out a little and the dogs got upset and Jaime laughed at me. I'm just a little bit sensitive. I don't take suspense well. But I do like to mess around near it.
I'll try to get pictures up of the Rappas evening, they will be posted soon online. Figured you would like an update before those finally showed up though :)

1 comment: