Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Donuts

Yesterday was our Anniversary and not only did we work all day long we also went bowling - I won a back massage, and had an Anniversary dinner at the Waffle House, totally the best Anniversary yet! While I'm trying to get my life back together after this crazy week I'll post a short segment on donuts. Because I love donuts.
Where I work the piano tuners come in about every week depending on business. Big Mike and Little Mike. They are actually Father and Son-in-Law and are a heck of a good time to hang out with. For the past few months Mike (Big Mike) would bring food with him from Shipley's a local donut hang out. AKA Heaven. It was one of the first dates my husband and I went on, chocolate milk and donuts from Shipleys... *sigh*. Ok back to the story. So Mike has started bringing in food for us Sheet Music Department people. First it was just... we bought an extra sausage biscuit and a donut, you guys want it? Now it's being hand delivered with lines like "just so you know we still love you" while I know he was thinking... 'even though you sold my humidifier for half price'. (It was an honest mistake on my part and I think we worked things out.) Today I got into work early and was practicing on one of the 'big pianos' in the back when in walked Mike and Mike! Hand delivered chocolate glazed donuts and Bach go together really well in my opinion. Plus David, the guy I work with got his choice of Sausage or Ham this morning and when I opened my bag to get my donut out there was not one, but two! I literally said outloud "Holy Cow!" even though no one heard me.
Our local newspaper did a report on Mike so I snuck a picture of the donut giver onto my blog here:
Now because of this kind man we all look forward to the day the piano tuners are here. And to be honest it's not just the donuts. I actually find the sound of pianos being tuned rather cathartic. It's like taking something unruley and wacked out and making it straight, tuned, and peacefull which to me is a very relaxing thing to listen to. But I also like donuts. A lot.


No comments:

Post a Comment