Monday, October 5, 2009

You guessed it groceries!

Why not have four posts today? I mean really.

I didn't post groceries last week because my husband is on this credit card kick. It's a Best Buy card and he's OBSESSED with it. To put it lightly. So he stole off with the receipt before I could nab it and blog it. We spent around $60, on the high side for us but loaded up with frozen veggies and canned foods to last through this week too. We also bought dog food and paper towels which in my mind amount to 1/3 of the budget :)

This week, however, I'm keeping things slim. I thought I might want to make gumbo but forgot all the ingredients so I'm thinking I might save some money and go later, like, Wednesday and get it.

Nature's Own 100% Whole Wheat.. love this stuff
5 Granny Smith Apples
5 Bananas
Quaker Rice Treats - Chocolate (just for Jaime)
Rold Gold pretzels (just for me) (you guys, at least it's not candy.. seriously. But I do have dipping chocolate in the fridge...)
4 Yoplait Whips (Jaime Jaime Jaime)
2 Totinos Pizzas (but we got invited out for dinner at a friends on Tuesday.. so we might actually save these!)
1 bag of lentils (I read that they really do well to beef up meat loaf. Don't tell my husband that or he won't eat it.)
2 boxes of mac and cheese
1 sack of flour
1 sack of sugar
(after the cake making extravaganza of this weekend I ran out of both flour and sugar. What cake you might ask me? Black Forest cake with beer and sauerkraut and you betcha it was delicious.)
2 liter caffeine free coke (for Jaime)
2 liter coke zero (for me, Jaime went out with guy friends on Sunday afternoon so I bought coke and cheese dip from Hanbanero's and had myself a party at home)
2 packages of lean ground beef. (Can you believe that it's cheaper to buy two smaller packages of the stuff than one large one? Crazy. I was planning on making meat loaf with one of them and forgot what the second one was for. :) Ooops!)
2 cans of Campbells Tomato soup. Yum!
1 can of Campbells country veggie soup. Pour that over egg noodles why don'tcha?

All of this delicious food for just $37.90

No comments:

Post a Comment