Monday, October 5, 2009

The crazy things going on at home.

Funny things have been happening lately. Since I procrastinated in blogging they have piled up so this is the post that contains all the funny pictures, funny, cute, strange. All that good stuff. First we'll start out with this.

Yep it's a rosary. You guys may know that I'm a contracted singer for EWTN morning mass, Tuesday and Friday mornings. I really enjoy singing there. I love the music we sing and I also love the formality of the service. I just can't bring myself to convert though. Something about the whole Mary thing and whatnot. I won't get into it right now but for your sake just know that... it's just not my thing. I did however get a rosary in the mail. Has anyone else ever gotten one of these? I understand being sent mail that belongs to someone else and you think... oh well too bad. It's usually a car insurance gimmick or some magazine that the person who lived at your house before you subscribed to. I got a rosary. It weirded me out a little bit, I'm not going to lie. And yes, I stole it from the person who lived here before us. I just can't bring myself to throw it away yet.
Can you see her name printed on that little.. charm. If you know this person let her know that I have her rosary.


The next interesting thing is that I made a pumpkin dish for lunch on Saturday, the one my husband swore he wouldn't eat. Guess what, he ate it. He also said that the quinoa tasted like floam. (he knows what floam tastes like....) I liked it and I also think it's gosh darn pretty. So I took a picture of it.

This is what being married to a scientist gets you. Maybe we'll breed more scientists and I can come home to this all day long! Huxley recently became a full fledged adult with the loss of his very last baby tooth. I saw him eating something and told him to 'drop it' which he did. It was a tooth! Jaime just wants to know what the effects will be upon this tooth when it's placed in crystal light. Awesome. He can clean that one up.

And finally two obligatory posts of my adorable puppies. First is Churchill who has been sleeping near my shoes as of late. While I watch TV with Huxley Churchill will sulk off into a corner near my shoes. I'm not sure what that's about but I am sure that he'll cut it out eventually.
This one is all Huxley and his continual look of "awe shucks". Sarah our neighbor/friend (we moved next door to some college friends of ours.. aren't we cool?) coined that phrase so I can't take credit for it but doesn't it fit? He always looks like he's a little bit down in the dumps. Is that normal for a schnauzer? It's like he's saying "Awe shucks I lost my last baby tooth and I'm all grown up now". On another note we've been letting him stay in the house, loose, with Churchill for small periods of time and it's been working out. Our furniture is intact, all our belongings are where they are supposed to be, and the carpet is still in one place. Praise the Lord!



No comments:

Post a Comment