Sunday, October 18, 2009

Someone had a baby!

And someone is making a dedication gown for him. I'm always behind on the times. Is it a dedication gown, a christening gown, or a baby baptism gown? I'm pretty sure that it's a dedication gown... It's a gown for a baby to wear for that special day at church. Whatever, it's a cute gown that's all that matters. And one of my very good friends is his mother so that matters too :)



I was so excited about this project and I wanted to update pictures of it but I also wanted Lindsey to see it first. This is my first baby gown that I've made. I've made a baby cape with a hood but that was way easier. I had no idea that this gown would be so hard! I think that the only reason it was hard was because the instructions were so bad. Why do they write instructions that don't make any sense? They should have a simplified version for people like me because I was totally able to do it but kept running into problems because the directions wouldn't specify things. I hate that. You sewers out there are probably agreeing with me right? I'm not the only one that feels pretty hated upon and pretty dumb after reading through pattern directions not marked "easy". I feel like that kid in middle school. Maybe that's just a bad flash back ;)



I was also very excited to bring it to Lindsey's and have Isaiah try it on. He wasn't too thrilled to be in a dress but hey what little man would? I was able to get one semi good picture of him in it. I'm so glad that it fit. Now all I have to do is put the buttons on! And trust me, I don't need directions for that.


Churchill, the first-born, was very respectful of the sewing project. He always is. He loves to be near what's going on but he never touches. He's very curious but extremely cautious.


Huxley unfortunately was not so he didn't get to be near it :) I think he's just too young still, or maybe he's just kinda dumb. Jaime and I think he might be just a little bit stupid. He's awfully cute though.

5 comments:

  1. I love it! Baptism gown, btw. We're Presbyterian! If we were Baptists it would be a dedication :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now how backwards is that?! Good to know though. I should know being Presbyterian and all but I have yet to do the whole baby thing so you know.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The gown is beautiful. I call them christening gowns. I'm Methodist. I don't think it matters though. I made my grandson a gown when he was baptized. His dad's comment was: Are boys supposed to wear a dress? My daughter just looked at him and scowled.

    ReplyDelete