Monday, October 12, 2009

Gosh I love to eat!

Here's my grocery list and it's on time! What a novel idea.
Before we get to that I would like to update that as of late our dogs have been going absolutely bonkers crazy. They normally run around every four or five hours to get some energy out after sleeping all day and that's fine with us. This past weekend, however, they have been little devils and not in the cute sense of the word. Three different times when we left them alone this weekend (remember we're practicing letting Huxley roam free instead of being in his crate) they trashed the place. I almost took a picture of it but then figured... that might be overkill for the blog. Every little bit of paper they could find! The first time it was the pattern that I used for Lindsey's baby baptism gown (I have got to take pictures of that, it's absolutely to die for!). When I was finished cutting out the material I stacked the left over pattern pieces, like tissue paper, near my sewing station. How they got it I do not know, but they took it downstairs and ripped it to shreds. It covered our living room, under furniture, on top of things, inside of things. I'm still finding little bits of pattern. Everywhere.
Time number two included the scraps from said baby gown. Apparently someone has found out how to get on to our coffee table. Not only were there little scraps of fabric everywhere but Jaime stepped on a needle and half a spool of thread is missing. I didn't see Huxley use the bathroom this morning... I don't think I need to explain any further.
Third time was my left over napkins and cup from Dairy Queen. We went last night and got Blizzards (I love Blizzards) and I guess I should have put my cup in the trash. The funny thing about all three of these events is that the things that were ripped up were not in places that would invite someone to rip them up. The cup was on a coaster on a table by the couch. Which means the dogs had to think ahead, get on the couch, lean over to the table and take the cup off. I also found, all three times, our front door mat (the one on the inside of the house) had been dragged halfway across the living room. It's a big door mat. My dogs are tiny. I'm not sure what's been into them except that because of the rain I can't walk them very far.

Today I'm really pumped because I'm making my very first (that's right Mom!) pot roast. It's in the crock pot right now. I'm so excited. I'm not sure how it will work, the amount of water you put in is tiny compared to how many things are in the pot. I couldn't even see the level of the water because of all the veggies. But I guess that's how it's done. I felt like such a Suzzie Homemaker when I checked myself out at the grocery store, bags of carrots, potatos, celery, onion, a big fat piece of raw meat. *Sigh!* The other day I told Jaime how much I really love cooking dinner for him. He responded with 'Really?! I thought you hated cooking, you always complain about it'. I only complained because I never have time to do fancy things. Three days out of the week I'm working so late that it's all I can do to put a pizza in the oven, much less make him lasagna or something. Something about cooking that makes me feel important, like I can take little pieces of something and put them together into something amazing. I had to tell Jaime that I hope someday to not have to work so late, to stay home more often so I can cook for him more. I think it opened his eyes just a little bit. (See, that's the problem with thinking someone can read your mind. He could have lived his whole life thinking that I hated cooking.)

Grocery List - it was a big one this week, no measley $30 grocery list this time.

Kashi Go Lean Crunch - I heard someone the other day complaining about Kashi cereal, that it was too expensive and that it was a fad. Well I would ask that person, what other cereal can you eat one cup of and get 9 grams of protein and 8 grams of fiber? What other cereal can you eat like that that actually tastes good? I actually looked around the cereal section to see if I could find one comparable in calories, serving size, and protein and fiber. Couldn't find one.

2 Totinos Cheese Pizzas - Tuesday night's meal!
Gallon of 1% Milk
2 Cans of Progresso Vegetable Soup
1 Small Can of Tomato Paste - building up ingredients for Aunt Nancy's Italian Wedding Soup
2 Yoplait Non Fat Yogurt - Jaime, Boston Creme Pie, and Lemon something
Deoderant - no one likes a smelly Carrie! Besides, I had been using my husbands when mine ran out last week, don't tell, but I like smelling like him :)
1 Package of Flour Tortillas - I looked for the healthier kinds but they only had flour, that's alright.
1 Box of Mac anc Cheese
1 Package of McCormick Pot Roast Crock Pot Mix - you didn't think I did that part by scratch did you?!
Toilet Paper - We were literally down to the last roll!
Carrots!
Celery!
Bag of Onions!
One Clove of Garlic - it's amazing how this little guy makes things taste soo good and this clove only cost me like 30 cents!
Two Granny Smith Apples
Five Bananas
Bag of Potatoes
One Rump Roast!! - Can you tell I'm excited about this one?
Nature's Own Whole Wheat Bread - I don't know when my Mom started buying this stuff but I can't remember my life without it.. and I love it so much.

Ok so that's what I bought!
Total: $51.84

Not too shabby right?

3 comments:

  1. hi! i got your comment about the quilt along, your email is not going through, can you send it to me again?
    thanks
    V

    ReplyDelete
  2. skip that. got it!
    now I need to see what you have here!

    ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I'm glad you figured the email out :) Good to hear from you and can't wait to get started on that project!

    ReplyDelete