Monday, November 9, 2009

Grocery Time

Grocery shopping this week was a lot of fun because my husband came with me. He usually doesn't come because then I can get things done quicker and (usually) cheaper. But this time we came in right where we needed to be and I also really wanted to spend some time with him. He even gave me a 5 minute pep talk in front of the cinnamon rolls explaining exactly why I didn't need them and how I wouldn't just stop at one and how we've been filling ourselves with Halloween candy blah blah blah. As disappointed as I was to not get the cinnamon rolls I know that he's right. He can sometimes be the best thing for me. Actually. He is the best thing for me :) Plus after he got the receipt he ripped off the total on the bottom and handed me the list part and said "Here, this is for your blog". What a wonderful man :)

Enough lovey-dovey on with the groceries! This week I actually didn't have any meals planned out. We just bought what looked good and what we knew we would eat for lunches. It's nice to have a week like that isn't it?

Special K - after eating Cheerios the past two weeks Jaime asked if we could get some cereal that he could actually eat. I hope I'm not the only one that loves plain Cheerios.
Bisquick - had a coupon for this and it makes my favorite pancakes! Plus I looked up a killer recipe for monkey bread made with Bisquick and cinnamon and sugar. Woah!
Cheesy Rice and Broccoli Frozen veggies - I know you aren't supposed to get the kind with the sauce because it's all this added sodium and whatnot but whatever, the calories are still in a healthy range and who doesn't like cheese rice and broccoli? No one.
2 Totinos Pizzas
2 Boxes of Frozen Spinach - Aunt Nancy's Wedding Soup preparation, plus I had a coupon.
Generic Crystal Light Cherry Limeade - affectionately known as 'Drank' in our household. We go through this stuff like crazy. I should have bought more.
Dandruff Shampoo - Jaime! Even though I never really see the dandruff.. I think he's paranoid. Oh and speaking of Jaime's hair, he recently told me he was going to grow it out. I'm already having fits of passion thinking about running my hands through his thick wavy locks. Seems like this should be the other way around but my hair just won't do the thick and wavy. His though.. wonderful.
1 Big Tub of Low Fat Strawberry Yogurt - I need healthier snack.. healthier than tootsie rolls.
4 Yoplait Whips - Jaime's choice passion.
Quaker Rice Thingys - Jaime's snack
Flour! - Because I've been making too many dang cookies.
Mac and Cheese - just one box
Generic Fiber One Bars - I can't wait to eat these!
6 Eggs
Brussel Sprouts - sooo good I can't even believe they aren't more popular.
Nature's Own Whole Wheat Bread
Prego Meat Sauce - we love Prego and it helps us make up an easy meal super quick.
French Roast Generic Coffee - this past week I had Dunkin Donuts and I could either pay $2 or $6 for coffee this week. Guess what I picked. I have one more day's worth of DD though, and I'm going to milk it for all it's worth.
No Sugar Added Peach Cups - Jaime's snack to make sure he doesn't get scurvy. After knowing someone who had scurvy I guess he gets super paranoid about it from time to time :)
3 cans of Progresso Soup - I can eat the whole can for lunch, be full, get veggies in me, and still not over do it eating wise. Amazing. I love Progresso Soups, and I had a coupon for this one too.
Red Lunch Box - so Jaime can bring cold things to lunch now... like Whips.
Bananas!
Green Bell Pepper!
Granny Smith Apples!
and One Pomegranate

Total: $56.70

Not too shabby, but after reading through this list I'm thinking to myself.. what exactly are we eating this week? I'm sure we'll work something out. It's nice to not feel like an adult this week with groceries. How about we eat mac and cheese? No big deal. What about just having pizzas? Sure! Breakfast Burritos? Why not!

In other news my friend Sarah is graciously letting me read through her Harry Potter books. I read the first one years and years and years ago so right now I'm on the second. I need something to do when I get bored. I'm also reading through Grimm's Fairy Tales but those get a little bit repetitive when read in mass groups.

1 comment:

  1. Awesome groceries! :) Chris and I have to go this week too. Prego Meat Sauce...hehe..that's the only type my bf will eat. Anyway, sweet that Jamie tore off the list so you could post on your blog. :)
    Also, cool that your reading HP series! :) I am on Book 5...only a few chapters in. Borrowed book fm. Library. Have fun reading! :) They get better and better! :)

    ReplyDelete