Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Pet Peeves

I was recently reading through one of those 'notes' a friend was tagged in on Facebook. It said Pet Peeve and the person wrote - leaving the shower curtain open. I read that and thought, me too! I remember closing the shower curtain after a shower was of utmost importance in my family growing up and thanks to mom and dad I now own that pet peeve. My husband, however, does not. So I was standing in the kitchen just a moment ago and thought, that would be a really good journal entry, pet peeves. I was stirring my night cap of hot chocolate and promptly opened the running dishwasher to put my dirty spoon in. It was just a smidge of chocolate and the washer had just started. I realized two things.
1. My husband hates it when I open the dishwasher after it has begun running it's course. He somehow thinks that the washer looses it's magic if opened after starting.
2. My husband while loading the washer crammed as much silverware into that little silverware holder as possible. I hate that. If you stack up five spoons and wash them the ones in the middle rarely get clean!
So on to the pet peeves. I'm trying to think of what my pet peeves are, I'm sure I have some.

-I hate it when Jaime plays devil's advocate without telling me and I actually think he disagrees with everything I say. I'm pretty gullible.
-When Jaime does the dishes he leaves things behind to 'soak' instead of scrubbing them. This just means that I get to clean them later.
-When cars pull up at red lights and inch forward as if it helps the light turn green.
-When people don't use their blinker.
-When Churchill thinks that just because we have Huxley he can get away with anything... what are we blind now that we have two dogs?

I'm sure I can think of more but there are better things to talk about.

Today while making my night cap I was thinking about how wonderful life is. Jaime and I had just worked out, I ran two miles without stopping after having a very bad morning of running... like couldn't make it through a mile bad. I bench pressed 65 pounds which is pretty cool. I had taken a shower while my husband did the dishes *see above* and put on one of his old PMA shirts, stood in the kitchen and was making some hot chocolate. I was thinking how wonderful today has turned out to be and I couldn't quite put my finger on why that was. I like being in an over sized T-shirt, especially my husbands. I like not having to blow dry my hair. I really like the hot chocolate. I thought maybe it was because Jaime didn't get home until 6pm and I already had dinner made, ready and waiting on him. I practiced crate training with Huxley and he was doing much better... and it just now occurred to me that I had just finished working out. I'm always on a high after working out, even if it's just two miles and some weights. I so quickly forget that I feel so good after running. Maybe I should run late at night more often.

Pet Peeve - When Jaime tries to hang out with me EVERY TIME I am writing a journal entry. It's like he knows without really knowing that I'm already focused on something. I can't keep a good train of thought on writing when he's talking to me. Not that this journal is stellar as far as journaling goes but still. Right now he's gotten out every pick that Dunlop sells and has spread them out on the table I'm sitting at, every now and then he actually gets up and walks over to put a pick in my face and says something about polycarbonate or grippies or something else. As annoying as it is I think it's gosh darn cute too. It's just a pet peeve, I don't really want or expect it to stop.

3 comments:

  1. Lol I never understood why guitar players never used the pretty ones. I mean, they're pretty! But David has so kindly explained them to me as well, you can't strum without the grippies, the drab grey ones are cheaper, and you lose them all the time anyway! DUH Rennai!

    Also, about Devil's advocate and being naive... David does something similar where he pretends not to know something really basic, and I totally beleive him and go on this rant explaining it all. Then he just laughs at me and I feel like a pompous jerk.

    Pet peeve- when people comment your posts and only talk about themselves

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am the person who inches forward at red lights.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Greta - The truth comes out!! I can't be mad at you for long :)

    Rennai - I tried to reply yesterday like ten times and the computer would not let me! Pet Peeve, when the computer doesn't do what I tell it to.
    I do what David does with Jaime all the time. I act really dumb just to hear him explain something to me. It's just that I really like hearing Jaime explain stuff :) I'm sure that's why David does it to you, he just wants to flirt, but you don't need me to tell you that.

    ReplyDelete