Sunday, August 23, 2009

Carrie and the Cheesecake


So believe it or not I have never had cheesecake before and I've never made it. Something about how when I was little I tried to imagine a cake made out of cheese and those things didn't really go together for me... so it grossed me out. Who wants to eat a cake that tastes like cheese?

I'm so proud of myself that I have to put it in the blog... :).

I am also proud of the fact that I know how to make my own double boiler. I would much rather do it this way than put something in the microwave even though that is less work and faster. Something about this makes me feel old fashioned.

One other thing that caught my eye was the sour cream that I used to make the icing. I know right, sour cream and dark chocolate? Who knew? (It was the stuff dreams are made of). You know how people lick the tops of containers, like yogurt? I lick the top of my yogurt container sure, but sour cream? People do that? People are different from me? How the heck do they expect me find out the secret message written on the top of this container? Am I going to wash it off? All that work for words? Nope.

No one will ever know what was on there I guess. It must not have been that important. Why would you write something like that on something that is going to be covered with food? Are there that many people that are going to clean it off? Really?

So I want to show you know how much Huxley has grown :) Ready?This is the big boy Churchill, posing like the best. He's three so that's as big as he's going to get. Huxley is going into his 4th month... four months ya'll.


Just for a comparison of how much he's grown since we got him, here he is hiding under the furniture. Can't do that now :)



We had dinner last night at a friends house and if it weren't for the amazing polenta I might actually have not had anything healthy yesterday :) Sorry Lauren, I know you're a nutritionist and all.. but yesterday was just one of those days. Want to know what I actually had for breakfast... and lunch?

I promise that I'll eat some green leafy veggies today. I promise. After I finish the runts. I don't know why the picture is sideways, it wasn't like that when I uploaded it. Maybe blogspot has issues today.

If you know anyone who needs some organ shoes point them my way, I've got a pair for sale on ebay.

3 comments:

  1. Had you seriously never had cheesecake? Never? What did you think?

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was rich and... not as good as cookie dough?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Greta, I totally understand that she'd never had cheesecake... even though it was white... and sweet. Just the thought of mixing cheese and cake - instant roadblock. That's my girl!

    ReplyDelete