Friday, March 19, 2010

You know how you don't like someone but you can't exactly explain why you don't like them? Most people say that there's just "something about them" that makes them un-likable. Some people either like people or hate them, there are no in betweens. Me, I have lots of in betweens, but yesterday I came across someone I just don't care for. I can't think of any reason in particular why I don't like them. I just don't. I think it's because they come across as really pretentious, kinda like, they want to make sure you know that they are important, that they have money, that they are doing charitable things.
He kept talking about this school he does a lot of volunteer work for and how he is the only person who cares about these children. He kept talking about all the books they need, and all the software that they need and how he has such a busy schedule but he guesses that no one else will help them so he will. That type of person. I tried really hard to not look him in the eyes in case he thought I wanted to listen in to what a saint he was when the most amazing thing happened. There is this other guy I know. Annoying like nobody's business. But he's not on my unlike list because he kinda can't help it. He was recently diagnosed with Aspergers Syndrome so there are somethings that he just can't help. One of those is talking to people about nothing in particular.. just talking.. the only thing is he won't stop talking.
Well he walked up to the guy on my not so likable list and started talking about nothing in particular and kept talking. He followed him out to the front of the store and kept talking. Finally the man just walked away from him, all the way out the door. Somehow it felt so good to me to watch that happen. I could think of no better ending to a perfect day than to have that haughty man rushed out the door by this well wishing stranger who just couldn't keep his mouth shut. It's like justice. A tiny little dose of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment