Tuesday, March 9, 2010

I thought you could use an update on the plants! They are a growin'!

First we have the newbies, Chinese Lanterns (I was warned that these grow a bit slower than the rest and FINALLY we have some very green, very small sprouts!)




Next our greens! Mustard Greens and Turnip Greens!



Finally we have the Bell Peppers!! I think these are doing quite well so far.



Now for some progress on our Zucchini.. they are huge! Well in comparison to what they were a few weeks ago! Everything about them has thickened up, the leaves, the stems, everything. They look super sturdy. I can't wait for them to get even bigger!



Next the Yellow Squash. Not as hardy as the Zucchini looks but still doing well. I thought Zucchini was the vine but these seem to want to crawl around a whole lot more.





Now onto our Tomatoes.. I didn't plant these from seed but they have perked up quite a bit since I bought them. I'm hoping to train the stems over the edges of the planter to make for my own 'hanging tomato garden'. We'll see how that works out. I know the pictures are a little fuzzy, I do what I can.


Pretty amazing huh? The Swiss Chard hasn't changed much so I won't update right now. Plus it's pizza night and Jaime's calling me! Tomorrow begins my first Wednesday by myself, no work at all. I just don't know what to do with myself!

No comments:

Post a Comment