Sunday, February 21, 2010

I promise I didn't give up blogging for Lent. I swear. I've been really busy and you know the drill (people get busy!). I can account for a few things, however, that I accomplished during my week long hiatus from blogging.
1. I now teach on Friday's. Mon, Tues, Thurs, and Friday!
2. I almost have my quilt top semi done. I have these four big sections that need to be put together and then I need to put a boarder on it, but sheesh, the four big sections took forever and now I can finally lay it out on a bed and see what it will actually look like. This to me, is a big deal. Quilters out there will understand. :)
3. Jaime and I have watched Harry Potter movies 2-5. Three of those have been watched within the last 24 hours. HUGE thanks to our wonderful neighbor friends Sarah and Austin for letting us borrow not only the books but the movies as well. Can you believe that Jaime is kinda, sorta, maybe, coming over to the other side? He actually requested that we watch the fifth one this afternoon!
4. Successfully spent $90 on groceries, huge leap for me as you all will know. We've been trying out Publix and although they are more expensive (I don't care who you are it's a household fact that they are more expensive) we are trying to support a smaller business than Walmart. I have to say, before you run away and say things like, "Carrie, what about your budget?! Carrie, what about being frugal?! Carrie, what the heck has happened to you?!" I'll have you know that we bought lots of food for the next few weeks. Ten, yes, ten, pizzas that were on sale. We have pizza Tuesday right? Well.. our pizzas were on sale, so we figured.. why not stock up? Jaime stacked him in his arms and as we turned to put them in our buggy some small child said "woah.." I think we made dreams come true.
5. Oh yea, we remembered our 'green' bags this time.
6. I cat sat for my friend Lauren while she was in Mobile! Oatmeal was pissed off that I wasn't her mom the first day so she threw up everywhere. But the second day she was my best friend ever. EVER! Thanks for the smarties, Lauren. You are feeding my addiction, you know that right?
7. I successfully ran 5 miles this afternoon. It's been months since I've run that far, since October to be exact. It feels great, but my legs are so tired they hurt. That feels great as well :)
8. Jaime fed the dogs sardines, lots of sardines. Now their beards smell like sardines, the kitchen smells like sardines, the house smells like sardines, and my wet kisses in the morning smell.. like sardines. Ew.
9. We're about to leave to go to Ichiban!! It's Shakin Steve's birthday and we're going to celebrate! Happy Birthday Steve!

Oh, and I guess

3 comments:

  1. <3 it totally makes my day when you mention me in your blog.

    The pizza story is GREAT :) I am so proud of you taking advantage of the publix BOGOs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Publix can surprise you sometimes.

    Yay for running 5 miles! I almost didn't make it. I had to keep saying, "Emily... you've done this before. You used to do this all the time. It's really not that bad. Really." haha

    ReplyDelete
  3. so in reference to your Publix shopping: it's about time! :) I love shopping there mostly b/c the produce is always fresh, last longer (especially not being able to make it to the farmer's market)and you don't have to buy the sale to get the sale price (i.e. buy 1 get1 = 1/2 off when u just buy 1 and they usually have a rondom item on sale for a 1cent on mondays...one time it was publix new coffee...very very good!)

    ReplyDelete