Sunday, June 27, 2010


This weekend I did lots of yard work. My garden was in a shambles! I needed to do something about it. My neighbor had recently renovated her outdoor space and I became inspired. One shovel, 15 bags of top soil later I did something about it!


Voila! I dug up all the crab grass that was growing behind this holly bush, laid down some bricks that I happened to dig up in the process, and covered with topsoil. Five little pumpkin plants are now in place with plenty of space to vine out!


My camera was super foggy this morning because of the humidity. Alabama! This tomato has grown all the way up to my flower pot! What do I do?! I guess let it keep growing.


This is a picture of a bean blossom. My beans have started loosing their leaves (I don't know if this is normal or not) but I didn't start to worry because I saw new little leaves coming in. Lo and behold, bean blossoms appeared this morning. I suppose it was just shedding an old skin? Ready for a July crop perhaps?! I hope so. I didn't get nearly enough beans the first time!


Mmmm a relatively good picture of my Okra! I've already harvested two of them but I'm waiting for this guy and another to get full before I cook with them. What are you going to do with only 2 Okra? I mean really.


My zucchini has been slacking off on me lately so I picked up one more plant while we were buying supplies for digging up the yard. Hopefully this guy will do something amazing since he's the first one planted in the ground! I think the others just didn't like being in containers.

Here's my front walk, a very foggy picture indeed. I dug up the grass on the right side as well which now matches my neighbors (and that looks really nice). The next step I suppose is to buy grass feed for the left side of the yard so I can have pretty grass instead of crappy grass :)

In other news, I bought a plane ticket to Phoenix for a very special wedding in October! There's no going back now and I'm super excited! Yay for imaginary friends.

2 comments:

  1. Good job, Carrie. I don't know how you can stand to work outside in this weather, but I applaud you. I'm waiting till cooler times to finish my outside work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good job, Carrie. I don't know how you can stand to work outside in this weather, but I applaud you. I'm waiting till cooler times to finish my outside work.

    ReplyDelete