Thursday, June 3, 2010

This is my okra. I hear they can grow up to 4 feet high. Maybe I should transplant?

Being on vacation for over a week did wonders to my garden! They say that a watched pot never boils, well a watched garden never grows! Unless it's squash, they grow tons, and fast! In these pictures you will see just how fast and how much my garden has grown :)


Turnip Greens. The Mustard Green's sprouted and need to be composted.

Yesterday I went to the dentist and I bit the hygienist working on my teeth. I didn't even know it but I had clamped down on her hand while she was flossing my teeth and she had to tell me "you're biting me". I recently found out that you don't have to have some tests done at the doctor, like i could tell my doctor that I didn't need such and such regular whatever. I think next time I'm at the dentist I will ask them to not floss my teeth. I floss on a regular basis and it doesn't make me bleed. I do not think that bleeding is a sign of good flossing techniques and I will probably bite her again if she gets the floss out.


Look at that green bean!!

I've been reading Madeline L'Engle's The Irrational Season. I finished her first book in the series, The Circle of Quiet, while I was on vacation. This book is so perfect for me in so many ways. I wrote a while ago about my thinking through religion and God and all those fancy things. The Irrational Season seems to fit in right with what I'm going through and it is such a relief to read. I've never had a Christian influence question such questionable things before and I feel so much comfort knowing that it's ok to ask questions and as L'Engle says, it's ok to not have answers. I've decided that I would like to visit some Anglican churches and maybe some more Episcopalian churches too.



Yellow Squash growing faster than the speed of light!

The bees seem to be doing their job. I didn't hand pollinate this yellow squash yet here it is. I've also noticed that the cantaloupe has really encouraged the bees. I see them wandering around every morning while I'm getting my coffee ready. My kitchen window is just to the left of the railing that the cantaloupe is on and I'm really exited about having a pretty view while I'm cooking.

Cantaloupe vining up my railing!



Tomatoes

In case you're wondering I did have my Moe's Wednesday with Lauren but I made healthy choices (minus the cup of queso). I'm not sure what I'm going to have for dinner tonight, I'm still working on that whole "be creative" part of cooking. I am afraid that my creations won't turn out very tasty. It's a risk I'll just have to take!


Zucchini Flowering


Bell Peppers :)

This summer is already going by so quickly. I hope it slows down soon. I looked at our calendar and we've already got two weddings to go to. One is in Kansas! I can't wait to see all my college friends. Speaking of weddings.. Lynnora has a gift coming her way soon. I have to work on that this week and next week to get it all finished and ready to go. I'm so pleased with it so far though. So very pleased. Sewing must have taken off for me because I have several other projects I'm working on right now as well.



Basil and Cilantro

I'm starting to feel the relaxed feeling of summer, I'm starting to realize that I can do things in my free time and be just as productive if not more than I am at work. This free time is letting me work on the new blog with Mom and get sewing projects done. I can't even begin to tell you how happy that makes me. Oh and one last tidbit. I just downloaded a new album on iTunes that I heard from this guys blog. I love it. Love it. Jaime hates it, but I don't very much like Scholomance so I guess we're even. The album that I downloaded is Go by Jonsi. Amazing :)


Lastly... The brussel sprouts have been attacked for weeks by worms. They come out of no where and no matter how long I spray them with organic bug killer or pick the bugs off myself they find their way back. I know brussel sprouts are yummy, that's why I planted them. I didn't know worms liked them just as much as I do. It's a pity. I might be able to save one plant but that's about all. The rest of them look like this little guy. Naked.

1 comment: