Saturday, January 2, 2010

All About Food!

Let's start the new year out right shall we? Grocery time! I'm mostly posting these groceries because I came in just above budget AND we got some really awesome stuff. This time I looked in the buggy and thought, now that looks like actually cooking material versus pop in the oven type material.

Russet Potatoes 5 pound bag
Sweet Italian Sausage 1 lb
2 Totino's Pizzas
Ground Beef 1 lb
Fresh Parsley
Bananas 2.3 lbs
Penne Pasta
Carrots
Flour Tortillas
Velveeta 2%
Frozen Sweet Corn
Navy Beans
Pinto Beans
The Cheapest Red Wine We Could Find!
Can of Diced Tomatoes
HUGE 28oz Can of Diced Tomatoes
Large Strawberry Jam
mmm Shells and Cheese... mac and cheese
Roasted Red Bell Peppers
Small Tomato Paste
1 Can Beef Broth
Brummel and Brown Butter
Low Fat Sour Cream
6 Yoplait Light's
Garlic
2 Zucchini
2 Coke Zero
Green Giant Frozen Veggie Mix
Frozen Spinach
Quart Storage Bags
Sandwich Bags

All of this for only $61.24

Not too shabby if I must say so myself. We're having friends over for lunch tomorrow and I'm making Aunt Nancy's Italian Wedding soup which calls for Sweet Italian Sausage. Jaime swears that Sweet Italian Sausage is the exact same thing as Mild Italian Sausage, but I'm still skeptical. It is my favorite buy this week because I never could find it at Walmart so we would always buy it at Publix. This time the Walmart we went to had it, and it was $2 cheaper. Two whole dollars!! I was really tempted to buy more than one but we had to stick to our budget. I'm mostly excited because I can make several actual cooking meals this week. The meals I'm planning on making are: Aunt Nancy's Italian Wedding Soup (there might actually be enough for left overs too!), Some sort of Penne, Chicken, and Feta thingy, I can't remember the name, sounds good though!, Broccoli and Cheese Soup, AND Sausage, Red Pepper, and Navy Bean thingy. Four whole meals?! Crazy. Plus I have enough to make pizzas one night, Hamburger Helper another, and Mac and Cheese, which, let's be honest, I want to eat right this very instant. Not the healthiest, Hamburger Helper, and Pizza etc. but I stocked up on enough veggies to take to work with me and to pair up with those meals so that we're doing well. Plus it really helps to have some just fun meals. In December I noticed that we ate out a lot and I think that had to do with not having fun meals at home. I do love Moe's though.

Other news, the dogs have learned to play fetch with each other by pulling toys upstairs and dropping them down.. bringing them back up... dropping them down. They have also discovered and rediscoverd the nastiness that came out of our vaccum in the trash can. I thought I had it hidden enough so that they wouldn't go after it but I was wrong. Vaccum it up once, pick it up two and three more times because of curious puppies.
I also have gotten two packages that I ordered for quilting which I'm very excited about! I got the book Quilts! Quilts!! Quilts!!! which I absolutely love. I also ordered 2 yards of fabric, a jelly roll of

No comments:

Post a Comment