Sunday, December 6, 2009

My husband and I have almost entirely different tastes when it comes to food. One of my favorite cookies to make over the Holiday Season are my Aunt Nancy's chocolate/peppermint cookies. I have no idea if that is the actual name of them or not, either way, they are delicious. My husband, on the other hand, thinks that they are "inedible". It makes me smile thinking about it. I both love and hate the fact that we like to eat different things. He thinks that semi sweet chocolate all the way to dark chocolate is horrible and too bitter. I, on the other hand, can't stand the milky quality of milk chocolate. Now, it's chocolate none the less so I'll eat it :) but I prefer dark.

I made some of these cookies (as well as even more ginger snaps) for 'Black Christmas' which was last night and they were all eaten by the end of the night. I suppose that someone besides me enjoys them! We have lots of dough left over which is why this conversation is brought to mind, we are sitting on the couch watching the Food Network and snacking on the dough (I almost always want more of the dough than the actual cookie with the exception of ginger snaps). Speaking of Black Christmas :) We had a wonderful group last night! Could that question and answer game get any more funny? Or scandalous? I mean, now I know why Jews aren't good at sports ;) (just kidding!)

In other news it snowed and that's pretty big news around here. I never really noticed how high up we are in the Birmingham area being "on the mountain" (and really we aren't even on the TOP of the mountain). When I 'went down the mountain' that morning most of the snow had melted, only my car had snow on it. And when I came back the only place that had snow was our neighborhood. I got a cute video of the dogs running around in it. It was Huxley's first snow, Churchill's third. Such similar triangles.

Teaching is over and even though I still have to work in the morning I feel like I'm on vacation. I almost forgot to buy food for me to bring to work with me. Who needs to eat? I mean for serious.

So what do you want for Christmas? Apparently my husband has a list in his wallet that I need to commandeer at some point, it has things on it like.. well actually I think it only has video games on it. Bless his heart I love him so much. Is it a bad thing that it makes me want to have babies with him when I see him grinding away at Demon Souls with our two puppies sleeping soundly beside him. Maybe wanting to have babies comes with the Christmas season :) No.. I think it's the video games and my husband playing them.

I think I've come up with a few different things. I'll always want more things for sewing, a gift card perhaps, really neat and interesting cotton fabrics for quilting. Which reminds me that I ordered my first sewing package (besides a quilting pattern) full of fabric and other good things. I can't remember what it is that I bought exactly so it should be a surprise when I get it this week. I also asked for a food processor. There have been about 5 times this fall/winter that I have needed one and didn't have one. I figure Christmas is as good a time as any for me to ask for that. BUT we were shopping tonight and we happened to look at coats. It reminded me of how much I need a coat. I tried on all these really pretty coats, especially cream colored ones that go half way down my thigh... so pretty. I looked so fancy! I felt so rich. But those are so out of our budget. Plus I found an Alabama hoodie that I really wanted as well.

Oh and Mom, I got that cardigan/sweater thingy we were looking for this afternoon and only for $13, you're proud aren't you? Maybe I'm more fashionable than I give myself credit for.

Ohhh Iron Chef is on and the secret ingrediant is chocolate... wonderful.

2 comments:

  1. Wow! Didn't know you had snow.
    (And I'm just about always proud of you!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're not supposed to get appliances for Chritmas! And, my husband and I have different cookie tastes too. He really only likes chocolate chip cookies....and I like them ALL!

    ReplyDelete